Best biometric safes
Over the last few decades, we have come with multiple ways to keep our belonging safe. Whether it is a gun or simply jewelry and other objects of value, we need to keep them at bay from burglars. Guns, on the other hand, need to be even more protected, especially if there are children in your home. For all of those, the best solution is a biometric safe. There is no better way to keep your belongings out of reach of other people.
What is a biometric safe and how does it work?
A biometric safe is a safe that uses biometric data to become unlocked. While there are models which use iris or retina scans, the most commonly used is the one that reads your fingerprint. As you may very well know, fingerprints are unique methods of identification, and there are no two alike. That is why safe manufacturers considered to be a good idea to implement on safes.
The pattern of your fingerprint creates a template which is then transferred to a mathematical algorithm. That algorithm is stored on the safe’s computer. As a result, whenever you put your finger on the scanner, the computer will recognize the pattern and unlock the safe. Since the algorithm is impossible to be reconverted to an image, stealing a fingerprint is almost impossible.
What are the benefits of a biometric safe?
A lot of people wonder what the point of a biometric safe is when they have a regular safe that gets unlocked by a passcode or PIN. While that is efficient, a biometric safe has plenty of benefits over the mentioned models. Here are some of the advantages that make people buy biometric safes:
- Nobody can steal your fingerprints – you may be tempted to argue with that, and I would not blame you, but do you think that taking someone’s fingerprint is as easy as they make it seem in the movies? You think you can go with a transparent sticker on someone’s glass and steal their fingerprint? In theory, that is easy, but practice is a whole other story. It is not that easy. It is actually nearly impossible to steal someone’s fingerprint. It is definitely more challenging than getting a hold of a key, combination, or PIN number. Trust me when I say this. It is easier for someone to catch you, tie you down, and cut off your finger, than taking your print by other means. The point is that nobody can open the safe apart from you.
- You are no longer required to remember a combination or a passcode – how many time did it happen to you to forget a password? I guess several times. It happens to all of us. That is why we keep a notebook somewhere that contains our password. However, that is not very smart when it comes to safes, is it? You may as well give the passcode to burglars. With a biometric safe, you do not have to remember anything anymore. The key to unlocking it will always be at the tip of your finger (pun intended).
- You have the certainty that your belongings are safe at all times – the fact that your valuables are always safe, and nobody can touch them but you, can bring you a lot of peace of mind. Especially when we are talking about guns. You know that mini heart attack that you get when you just remembered that you forgot something that you should not have? That will no longer be an issue if you purchase a biometric safe.
- A biometric safe is more convenient – the fact that you do not have to look for the key or remember the passcode makes biometric safes more convenient than any other safe. You just go to where you out it, put your finger on the scanner, and the safe opens. It is as simple as that. Not to mention that in a tight situation, a biometric safe is a lot easier to open. Let’s say that someone breaks into your home in the middle of the night and you want to get your gun from the safe. The adrenaline in your body will not have you think straight if you know what I mean, and using a tiny key or remembering a PIN number is not as easy as putting your finger down, is it?
What to consider when looking for the best biometric safe?
When you want to purchase a biometric safe, there are a few things you need to consider. After all, not all biometric safes are the same. With that being said, here is what you need to consider.
- Size – not all biometric safes are created equal. Some of them are larger and destined to protect larger objects, while others are small enough for some pieces of jewelry. Of course, we have the special gun-sized biometric safes which are designed to accommodate only guns, but even those come in several sizes. Before you make a purchase, think about what exactly you want to place in the safe.
- Biometric and passcode unlock – some biometric safes can be opened using both biometric authentication and passcode. Honestly, I think that beats the purpose of a biometric safe, but it seems that some people go for it. If that is something you want, then you should consider this aspect as well.
- Durability – if a biometric safe is not durable, then you should not buy it at all. What is the purpose of having a safe that breaks easily, right? I recommend that you buy a biometric safe that has somewhere between 3 and 5 mm of durable steel, anything less thick is pointless. At the same time, make sure that the model you go for has a pre-drilled mounting mechanism.
- Low false rejection rate – just like any other device that you buy, it may fail you at times. It happens to almost anything. However, think of a moment when you need your gun, for example, and you need to take it out of the safe as fast as possible. The last thing you need is for the safe to reject your authentication. My advice is to go for a biometric safe that is able to scan and recognize multiple prints. That should prevent the scenario above from happening.
- Long battery life – most biometric safes work on four or six AA batteries. There are very few models that can be plugged in, but that is not very smart in case of a blackout. Make sure that the product you buy can run a long time on the same charge. At the same time, you need a feature that lets you know when the batteries are running low.
What are the best biometric safes?
Since you now have all the information you need to make a decision, you should go on and choose the best biometric safe for you. The criteria above should help you, and if that is not enough, you could also read some biometric safes reviews online. That way you can see what other people purchased and their opinion about the products they bought. In the meantime, take a look at the models below.
Viking Security Safe VS-20BLX Mini Biometric Safe
If you check out the collections from Viking Security, you will notice that people are more than satisfied with their products. They provide ultra-safe and high-quality safes, of all kinds, and this biometric safe is no different. Just as the title suggests, it is a mini biometric safe. It measures 8 x 12 x 8 inches, which should be enough for small valuables and handguns.
You will have easy access to the content of the safe, which makes it perfect for home or office. It has a 500 DPI optical sensor, and a motorized 20mm deadbolt locking mechanism with two pry-resistant insertion slots. The door is made of 5mm of durable steel. That, together with the thick steel walls, makes this mini biometric safe indestructible.
The Viking Security mini biometric safe is very easy to set up and use. It can scan and save up to 32 fingerprints from multiple people. It also has a PIN code just in case. The interior is carpeted and has a built-in LED light for more visibility. The interior has a removable shelf so that you can organize your handguns. The sound can be turned on or off so that possible intruders do not hear you. Also, the safe will make a beeping sound if you leave the door unlocked. I am sure you will find it most useful if you decide to go for this model.
SentrySafe Pistol Biometric Safe
As the title suggests, this biometric safe is designed for your handgun. If you have children on the premises, or even adults that do not live in your home, a safe for your gun is ideal. This model can fit one standard handgun that has a fingerprint scanner. It does not matter where you keep it. Whether it is inside your nightstand or under the bed, nobody will have access to it but you.
The SentrySafe biometric safe provides a fast and quiet entry with a compression gas strut that opens the door without making any noise. The lock has a pry-resistant door and sturdy steel construction that will not allow any unauthorized access to your gun. The unit is complete with an at-the-ready pistol presentation and an override key just in case you need a backup method to open the safe. Just so you know, this model is certified to California DOJ requirements.
The biometric safe from SentrySafe runs on four alkaline AA batteries. However, the manufacturer recommends that you use only name brands for optimal performance. Generic or rechargeable batteries will not support the unit’s long-term usage.
Verifi SmartSafe Biometric Safe
Last but not least, the biometric safe from Verifi is yet another unit that I think you will find most useful. It is true that it is somewhat more expensive than the previous two products, but it is worth every penny. It has 2mm thick steel walls and a 4mm thick door, which makes it impossible to break. I can guarantee that this biometric safe will protect all your valuables like nothing else can.
The Verifi biometric safe provides easy access with a single touch. There is no backup keypad, but you do receive a cross-cut key. That should provide a better backup in case of electric failure, however unlikely that may be. The unit features an FBI-certified fingerprint sensor with 3D imaging. The unit runs on four AA batteries, but if you buy name brand batteries, the safe will run for years on the same charge.
The biometric safe from Verifi comes with a lot of useful and cool features. For one, it has an auto-lock feature that will lock the door every time you close it. You do not need to secure it yourself. You also have an LED NightLite for better visibility in the dark, an LCD display, a self-diagnostics feature, and stealth mode. However, one of my favorites is the Tamper Alert. If anybody tampers with the safe, you will know about it. Whether it is a curious child or an intruder, you will get an alert everytime someone tries and fails to unlock the safe.
I have to admit that all three products presented above are more than capable of keeping your valuables safe. However, if I were to make a choice, I would go with the Verifi SmartSafe Biometric Safe. I know that it is a bit expensive, but the items that go in it are even pricier, so in my mind, it is worth it. All those smart features make it one of the best biometric safes you can buy.
Whether you want to keep your family safe by locking your gun or you want to keep valuable items away from intruders and burglars, a biometric safe is something that you need in your home. It is almost impossible to break, and it will give you a lot of peace of mind. I am sure that one of the models above will satisfy that need. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Cheap Gun Safes Tips
- The Fireproof Safe Game
- What You Don’t Know About Biometric Gun Vault
- Choosing Gun Safe Biometric Is Simple
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Fingerprint Gun Case Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- The Stack on Safe Cover Up
- The Idiot’s Handbook to Biometric Gun Safe Reviews
- The Most Ignored Fact Regarding Large Gun Safe Uncovered
- Get the Scoop on Gun Vault Before You’re Too Late
- The Secrets of 10 Gun Safe Exposed
- Top Guide of Best Gun Safe for the Money
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Gun Safe Fingerprint Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- Vital Pieces of Quick Access Gun Safe
- Here’s What I Know About Gun Vault Biometric
- The Barska Biometric Safe Trap
- The Foolproof Gun Safe Reviews Strategy
- The Battle Over Bedside Gun Safe and How to Win It
- Things You Should Know About Safes for Sale
- Secret Facts About Best Biometric Gun Safe Uncovered by Industry Leaders
- Life, Death, and in Wall Gun Safe
- Surprising Facts Regarding Barska Safe Exposed
- Things You Should Know About Fingerprint Safe
- Gun Safes on Sale Explained
- Startling Details About Small Gun Safe Exposed
- Top Fireproof Gun Safe Choices
- What to Expect From Home Safe?
- The Gun Cabinet Diaries
- Why Nobody Is Talking About Best Gun Safe
- The Principles of Gun Safe Sale You Can Benefit From Starting Today
- Key Pieces of Biometric Safe
- Whatever They Told You About Safe Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Finding the Best Fingerprint Gun Safe
- Gun Safes for Sale: No Longer a Mystery
- What You Have to Know About Biometric Gun Safe and Why
- All About Gun Safe